This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions) applies to your use of:
• The EasyA mobile app (App) and the EasyA website (Website), together Our Services; and
• Any of the services accessible through the App (Services) that are available on the Website or other sites of ours (Services Sites). This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
EasyA Ltd is the controller and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as EasyA, We, Us or Our in this policy).
Data we collect
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
• Identity Data.
• Contact Data.
• Device Data.
• Content Data.
• Profile Data.
• Usage Data.
• Marketing and Communications Data.
• Location Data
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we collect data
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information (including Identity, Contact, and Marketing and Communications Data) you consent to giving us about you by filling in forms on the App and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by email or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, or enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of Our Sites. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
• Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit one of Our Sites or use one of our Apps we will automatically collect personal data including Device, Content and Usage Data. We collect this data using cookies and other similar technologies.
• Information we receive from other sources including third parties and publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties. For example, analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
• Unique application numbers. When you want to install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
How we use your data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where you have consented before the processing.
• Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter or have entered with you.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will only send you direct marketing communications by email or text if we have your consent. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us.
We ensure your personal data is protected by requiring all our group companies to follow the same rules when processing your personal data. These rules are called “binding corporate rules”.
Some of our external third parties are based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
• Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
• Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data, such as where we have no good reason to retain it any longer.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Choice of law
This version was last updated on 24 September 2019. It may change and if it does, these changes will be posted on this page. The new policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue your use of the App or the Services.